Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director of Pool Operations and under the functional responsibility of the senior advisor of the Mental Health & Care Practices (MHCP) Department, you will have the responsibility to support field and office teams to ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of ACF interventions for the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal and Pakistan missions.
More particularly, you will be responsible for:
Providing a contextual analysis to the Desk
- Provide a synthesis note (when requested by the Desk) on the technical stakes of the geographic area (ex: main indicators and humanitarian trends of the sector, uncovered needs, programming constraints etc.) This activity requests a clear communication from the mission on the key information, and a regular awareness towards the scientific publications relevant to this sector the from the Technical Advisor
Providing technical advice to the missions
- Provide your technical expertise and advice to the MHCP Head of Department
- Provide your support on technical choices
- Propose a strategy of capitalization, appropriate tools and methods for its implementation
- Develop the partnership approach (local NGOs, private and academic sectors)
Promoting and evaluating the technical quality of interventions in the missions
- Contribute to the definition and updating of intervention strategies developed by the missions
- Disseminate internal technical standards and reference documents and accompany implementation
- Evaluate compliance with ACF technical standards through field visits and internal audits, produce recommendations to improve program performance
- Monitor performance and quality of programs
Developing the technical expertise of field teams
- Capitalize best practices developed on missions
- Propose innovative approaches and intervention methodologies to the missions
- Develop internal training modules and conduct training modules
Participating in the human resource management of the MHCP sector
- Ensure the role of functional reference of MHCP Head of Department, assess their skills and needs for development
- Carry out technical recruitment interviews for expatriates
- Brief, train, and debrief expatriates
- Develop the recruitment for local experts
- Develop links with local academic institutions
Promoting technical advances and contributing to the development of ACF expertise in the field
- Participate in the development of reference materials on the sector
- Solicit other partners (NGOs, UN agencies, scientists in institutes, universities, ...) to exchange documents and methodologies
- Analyze problems encountered in the field, propose research priorities for the missions and animate their thinking
The Applicant: You hold a bachelor degree in psychology (recognize diploma) and you have at least 5 years of relevant professional experiences and 3 years of humanitarian experience. A previous experience in the HQ of an INGO is a plus. You are known for your capacity to conduct researches on the relevant sector.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills are required thus team management experience.
You have a strong humanitarian involvement. Fluent English and French are required.
Field visits will be scheduled.
Status: HQ contract - Fixed-Term Contract – 6 months (replacement & extensible) - Full-time
Annual Salary : Salary between € 35k and €41K gross over 13 months, 21 days of extra leaves (RTT)/ year, restaurant vouchers of 8 € (60% covered by ACF), complementary health insurance (covered 80% by ACF), refund of 50% of public transportation fees.
Starting Date: As soon as possible