The Department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences at Fortis Healthcare works to extend mental health services to the broadest segment of society in an efficient and cost effective manner. In person services are provided in 9 cities through a team of 80 multi-specialty experts. Extensive programs and collaborations with schools, colleges, NGO's, corporate organizations and within the community exist to promote 'mental health for all'.
We provide psychiatry, clinical psychology, psychoanalytic, psychodynamic psychotherapeutic, counselling psychology, art based therapy, special education and occupational therapy services. Ours is a comprehensive and integrated mental health care system dedicated to providing a full spectrum of high quality mental health services tailored to suit the needs of our patients, their families and the community.
Built in the backdrop of a community mental health program with the format of an outreach service we work in collaboration with different healthcare, education, and community service providers to extend the concept of prevention of mental health related problems.
The following is a summary of the work done by the department in promoting mental health for all in the country:
- Running over 3 years the Fortis 24x7 helpline receives over 150 calls a day
- Psych-Ed: The Fortis Annual Psychology Quiz saw participation from 231 schools in 2016 and 460 schools from 95 cities in 2017.
- Under the Fortis School Mental Health Program we conduct an average of 700 workshops for students, teachers and parents every year. These workshops focus on life skills training for students, imparting technical skills for teachers and counsellors and building awareness for parents.
- The Fortis Prosocial Peer Moderator Program is a unique program utilising the influence of peers in a train-the-trainer format. Over the last 6 years we have touched the lives of more than 1,000,000 students.
- The Fortis School Counsellor Forum has provided training to over 10000 teachers and counsellors on varied aspects of working with students.
- Our webinars, conducted once in 2 months for students see participation from 25,000 students on average.
- The Fortis Internship for College Students program trains approximately 750 students every year.
- The Fortis Internship for School Students Program 2018 was attended by students from 174 schools.
- Our awareness campaigns in 2017 on the occasion of World Health Day and Study and Exam Skills touched the lives of 1,500,000 people on average.
- We provide support to non-governmental organizations, conducting training programs and supporting the staff and volunteers of these organizations in their self-care through the year.
In addition to the programs outlined above, emphasis is laid upon the need for awareness generation. This is achieved through the utilisation of social media, print media, visual media and radio campaigns. These are conducted through the course of the year in a thematic manner to promote understanding and awareness of mental health and encouraging help seeking for mental health related problems.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute,
Sector 44, Gurgaon,
Haryana - 122002,