We are millennials from clinical, academic, care, advocacy and commercial backgrounds who have united to improve the lives of people with dementia across the globe.
Our Mission is to create a better world for those living with dementia, their families and their communities by:
- Bringing creative brainstorming, fresh perspectives, and novel solutions to the dementia field;
- Contributing to new dementia strategies that incorporate the latest innovations in technology and research to meet the needs of a rapidly changing world, and;
- Providing a platform for idea exchange and shared projects to foster a culture of collaboration among the next generation of leaders in dementia.
- As an Associate Member of the World Dementia Council, we capitalize on the expertise of our members worldwide to enable young professionals to uniquely contribute to the ongoing work of the World Dementia Council
- We facilitate professional careers in dementia through identifying and promoting training and mentorship opportunities, stimulating networking and knowledge exchange between young professionals, arranging seminars and conference workshops with experts on progressive topics, and circulating job, funding and development opportunities in our member newsletter.
- We regularly contribute to international scientific and policy efforts by reviewing / consulting on draft dementia strategies and publications developed by international health or care organizations, governments, academic groups and others (e.g. Alzheimer’s Disease International, World Health Organization, the United Nations, World Federation of Science Journalists, etc)
- We support and strengthen national and global dementia projects that aim to improve living with dementia by identifying areas for collaboration and knowledge exchange. We also identify areas of unmet need and initiate new projects where possible.
- We raise awareness of dementia and stimulate engagement of adolescents and young adults with important dementia issues through our blog platform, social media and working with local and national media outlets.