2023 Global Mental Health Conference: Research Without Borders
Date: October 30–November 1, 2023
Location: Hybrid — NIH Campus, Natcher Auditorium, Bethesda, Maryland and Virtual
The 12th Global Mental Health Research Without Borders Conference brings together researchers, innovators, and other scholars from around the globe to highlight findings from cutting-edge science and explore new opportunities for groundbreaking research.
We invite all investigators wishing to present original and innovative global mental health research to submit abstracts for consideration.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Abstracts
- Call for abstracts
- Abstract Submission Deadline: May 31, 2023, at 5 p.m. ET (U.S.)
- Abstract Submission Status Notification: Late July to early August
- To provide a premier interdisciplinary space for researchers, practitioners, policymakers, funders, and those with lived experience to meet and share innovative developments in the field of global mental health
- To discuss innovations in the study of social determinants and outcomes of global mental health
- To identify engagement approaches to increase the value, quality, and impact of global mental health research for people with lived experience of mental health challenges, researchers, and end users
- To raise awareness and educate key audiences on the importance of global mental health research, which might allow for greater reach, empowerment, accountability, and mobilization toward the sustainable development goals
- To cultivate the next generation of global mental health researchers with a particular emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion (country-led)
- To foster networking and sustainable partnerships among participants and conveners
- Precision psychiatry/stratification in mental health research
- Climate change and mental health
- Youth mental health and wellbeing
- Data science, data sharing, common data elements
- Health communications
- Decolonization of global mental health
- Suicide prevention
- Innovations in implementation science
This event is free but you must register online in advance.
For questions about meeting logistics or difficulties registering, please contact: GMHConference.