Wellcome Trust are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to fill the role of 'Lived Experience and Public Engagement Lead'
Looking for a role where you can be part of our Mental Health global programme? This programme is looking to improve outcomes for young people with anxiety and depression through research.
- To lead in developing and delivering the empowerment strategy for the Mental Health Priority Area:
- Define budget, resource and goals (short, medium and long-term) for ‘end-user’ focused research and the improvement of the understanding and advocacy of lived experience of those with anxiety and depression.
- Ensure lived experience of those with depression and anxiety is understood, valued and built in to each of the Mental Health Priority Area workstream strategies.
- Work closely with others across the programme to develop and input into the Mental Health Priority Area’s over-arching strategy and blueprint developing their own Lived Experience strategy in tandem.
- Ensure the Mental Health Priority Area and Wellcome are abreast of current conversations, views and news within the Lived Experience community so that our work remains relevant, timely and at the cutting edge.
- Ensure that the views of a diverse range of those with lived experience of depression and anxiety are heard within the Mental Health Priority Area:
- Ensure meaningful and impactful engagement with those with lived experience of depression and anxiety.
- Advocate for Wellcome and the Mental Health Priority Area’s aims at national and international levels, identifying opportunities for the Mental Health Priority Area to provide global leadership and influence decision making.
- Identify opportunities for contextual understanding and knowledge, so that the Mental Health Priority Area’s aims are user-focused and relevant to those whose lives we are attempting to improve with better interventions.
- Build effective relationships between the Mental Health Priority Area and other stakeholders;
- Identify common interests and shape opportunities for new partnerships.
- Recruit and manage a small team to define and endure delivery projects that fulfil the empowerment aims of the Mental Health Priority Area’s strategic plan:
- Play an active role in the Mental Health Priority Area’s Senior Management Team.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams in Wellcome (especially Humanities and Social Sciences and Public Engagement) to understand relevant developments that may have implications for the development of the Mental Health Priority Area.
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrable experience in successfully advocating for young people or those with lived experience of mental health.
- Experience in developing strategies of involvement and inclusion for often over-looked communities, such as those with lived experience or disability.
- Experience in managing a successful team.
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to present with impact, convene stakeholders and manage agenda items at small to medium-sized meetings.
Appointment Type: Permanent
Division: Priority Areas
Sub Department: Mental Health
Salary: Circa £65,000 per annum
Visa Sponsorship: No
Number of Positions: 1
Interview Timing: September 2019
Deadline: Applications to be received by 11:59 pm on 25-Jul-2019
Please click here for the application