Cross-posted from the WHO Careers platform for external candidates
This requisition is for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO)
The Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health (NMH) Department promotes, coordinates, and implements technical cooperation activities, directed at the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases and related risk factors, mental, neurological and substance abuse disorders, disabilities, violence, unintentional injuries, promotion of optimal nutrition and road safety, that are evidence-based and appropriate for the political and sociocultural context in which they are implemented. It raises political and public awareness and understanding of the burden of the most common noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and mental disorders, related risk factors and conditions and leads multi-sector and multi-stakeholder strategic and collaborative efforts aimed at strengthening Member States' capacity to promote and protect health through public policies, programs, and services. This will reduce risks and disease burden and contribute to improving the physical, mental, and social well-being of the population.
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract duration: Two years, first-year probationary period.
- Job Posting: Nov 13, 2018, 5:38:42 PM
- Closing Date: Dec 12, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
- Primary Location: United States-Washington, D.C.
- Organization: Non communicable Diseases and Mental Health
- Schedule: Full-time
- Application link: Apply here