7 Cups of Tea is an on-demand emotional health and well-being service, available via the web and on iPhones, Android phones, and tablets. The main components of the 7 Cups of Tea platform include:
- Trained listeners: Trainees create a listener profile, complete an e-learning active listening course, and commit to at least 2 hours of listening per week.
- Active listening: 7 Cups of Tea’s bridging technology anonymously and securely connects members to trained active listeners in one-on-one chat sessions or phone calls.
- Support forum: Members and listeners discuss issues in an open forum format.
- Self-care guides: All visitors have access to 8+ research-backed protocols on specific mental health problems to help support self-care.1-11,13-14,17,19 Topics include:
- Alcohol and drug issues
- Eating disorders
- Managing emotions or dialectical behavior therapy
- Panic attacks
- Work stress