- Implemention of human rights-based approach for treating people with mental disorders
- Intensive education campaigns to increasing the mental health knowledge of stakeholders
- Provision of quality mental health services in the community
- Ensuing allocation of sufficient mental health budget at all levels: national, provincial and district
- Ensuring multi-sector collaboration and coordination of mental health efforts
- Routine monitoring and evaluation of mental health efforts
These components were implemented in a stepped manner, starting with regulation and problem mapping in 2010, followed by capacity building to strengthen human resources for the program, drug distribution and building commitment for the program from the multiple sectors involved. In 2012, services were strengthened and community empowerment activities started.