CAFS is run by a team of psychologists who are supported by a group of volunteers and interns. The organization also maintains collaborations with other professionals in the field who lend their expertise and support in carrying out the services and activities initiated by CAFS.
- Environment - In order to encourage use of services and reduce the stigma on mental health CAFS aims to provide a non-intimidating homely space to help individuals feel comfortable and at ease when coming to seek help. The centre is carefully designed with a warm, cosy and friendly atmosphere, far from the traditional clinical setting.
- Clinical Service - Has a team of professionals in different disciplines and therefore a broader range of expertise; CAFS provides assessments, tailor-made interventions and management of a range of mental health conditions for children, adolescents, adults and their families.
- Awareness Campaigns- In order to increase knowledge and reduce stigma surrounding Mental health, CAFS also conducts awareness campaigns around the country that address various topics on mental health. Some of these annual campaigns include,
- ‘Think Blue’ - an Autism Awareness campaign,
- ‘Live’ - a Suicide Prevention campaign and
- ‘#iamwithyouSL’ - a campaign to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Outreach - CAFS organizes and designs specialized workshops for communities, schools, and institutions around the country that are in need of mental health services but are not able to reach out or afford to receive professional help. With the assistance of interns and volunteers, CAFS initiates monthly workshops under different areas of interest, in the hopes of reaching bigger communities.
- “Scribbles” is one of those series of workshops designed using creative methods as a form of expressing psychological and emotional needs, focusing on both children and parents with and without special needs, aiming to bridge the gap in communicating and expressing oneself. Being one of the oldest workshops initiated by CAFS, it has reached preschools. schools, child welfare centers, parents and children from different walks of life, both in and out of Colombo, the main city in Sri Lanka
- Training - CAFS also engages in providing internships and supervised clinical exposure for fresh graduates in the field of psychology. By doing so, CAFS builds a platform for their growth and development, in terms of training in assessments, supervision, and practical exposure; guiding them to pursue their higher studies aiming to be future psychologists.