Mental Health and the SDGs
Countries across the world, including the European Union (EU) and Member States have committed to implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, including Goal Number 3 which seeks to ensure ‘healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’.
In this webinar, speakers and participants discuss:
- How the EU can support achieving ‘Health for All’ – the potential of the SDGs for mental health promotion and prevention
- The human rights perspective of the SDGs regarding mental health and disability
- Dainius Pūras, Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health, United Nations Human Rights
- Nicole Votruba, FundaMentalSDG
- Daniel Chisholm, Programme manager for Mental Health, WHO Regional Office for Europe
The workshop also produced a factsheet on SDGs: health targets- Mental Health (SDG target 3.4) within Europe.
This webinar was cross-posted with kind permission from Mental Health Europe.