Resource Centre provides information and resources on a wide range of mental health and substance use issues affecting children and youth as well as:
- Peer support from youth and parent peer support workers, who all have lived experience with mental health challenges, either themselves or in their families
- Resources and peer support for individuals of any age with an eating disorder or a disordered eating concern
- Options for support and treatment in BC
- Help navigating the mental health system
- Free education events for parents, as well as school and health professionals, including the
- Pinwheel Education Series
- An online catalogue with a variety of materials available to order or download for use in your communications within your organizations, schools, newsletters, or communities.
- Tips for self-help and prevention
- Information, help, and peer support are provided by staff, parent and youth peer support workers who work at the Kelty Centre through a partnership with FamilySmart™ (Parents in Residence and Youth in Residence).
Summary of relevant work:
We also provide peer support to people of all ages with eating disorders. All of our services are free of charge, and you can reach us over the phone, in person, or through email.
BC Children’s Hospital, Mental Health Building,
4500 Oak Street Street,
Room P3-302 (3rd Floor)
- BC Children's Hospital Provincial Health Services Authority Foundry