Founded in 1978, Enosh is the largest mental health organization in Israel delivering comprehensive and groundbreaking community-based rehabilitation programs in the domains of supportive housing, employment, and socialization and family counseling centers. We also address early intervention efforts through innovative programs for youth. Over the years, Enosh has spearheaded significant changes in mental health legislation rights and service delivery and is bringing its expertise to the forefront of the local and global mental health agenda.
- To provide quality and professional community-based mental health services for people with psychosocial disabilities and to support their families
- To increase awareness around mental health and fight society's stigmas towards people with psychosocial disabilities
- To promote the rights of people with psychosocial disabilities and their family members
Spread nationwide through more than 70 Centers, with 800 employees, and more than 700 volunteers, our services are engaging more than 6,500 participants, 1700 family members, and 300 youth and young adults from all sectors of society each year. We are engaging thousands of members in different communities in Israel. We put efforts to bridge between diverse communities and groups and provide person-centered services in a culturally sensitive and trauma-informed environment. We use lived experience and peer support as our leading recovery models.
Enosh services are based in the community and provide various scalable services to support people in different life events and mental health situations. Our services are guided by the values of equality, independence, person-cantered approach, and through evidence-based practice. We provide cultural sensitive services and tailor personalized services to our different communities.
Our services include:
1. Mental Health Recovery Services in the Community
- Supportive housing programs that support independent living
- Supportive employment programs in the work market
- Social, recreation, sports and wellness centers in the community
- Counselling and support centers for families
2. Prevention and Early intervention
- NAVIGATE - first episode prevention program
- HEADSPACE - early intervention centers for youth
- GOME - respite home in the community which provide alternative to hospitalization
3. Advocacy and policy
- Enosh holds a consultative status to the Economic and Social Council at the United Nations since 2017 and is taking part of the global mental health work. Enosh is part of civil society coalitions in Israel to promote rights of people with disabilities and the right to health
Our teams are specialized in different mental health intersections: homelessness, trauma, CPTSD, elderly, youth, religious communities, suicide prevention, lived experience, youth mental health, LGBTQ, and more.
Moshe Dayan 30, kfar saba, 4410101, IL
- Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation Australia
- Ispra – Israel Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association
Enosh is a member in the following organizations: