At Fondation d’Harcourt we give value to those intangible needs that are not immediately linked to physical survival because we believe they are essential to the wellbeing and dignity of each individual.
All the interventions that we support target people facing psychological, mental and social difficulties as well as their families.
We put the person at the center of each of our activities, helping unlock his resources and potentials, regardless of his socio-economic condition or health.
Because psychological distress, mental illnesses and poverty can all feed off of each other, we promote a holistic approach taking into account the social and economic factors of a person’s emotional suffering.
Our strategy of intervention
We provide direct services to our beneficiaries by partnering with stakeholders who have sound and longstanding presence on the ground. Our focus is always on the quality of the work produced and how it meets a person’s individual needs.
Our sectors of intervention
1. Empowering people suffering from mental illnesses and their families through:
- raising awareness on mental health issues
- specific support groups
- facilitating education and vocational training
- targeted recreational activities promoting social reintegration
2. Ensuring access to mental health care:
- by supporting mental health facilities
- by training primary mental health care staff
- through community outreach programs
- through more adequate referral systems
3. Promoting the psychosocial wellbeing of vulnerable groups through:
- individual support by qualified social workers and psychologists
- the promotion off psychosocial and sensitization activities for individuals, families and communities
Place Ruth-BÖSIGER 6
1201 Geneva, Switzerland