Let’s Respect is founded as a not for profit company, dedicated to improving the quality of care for those with mental health needs in later life through education, demonstration, research and the practical application of known best practice both in the UK and internationally.
Our purpose is to:
- Raise the profile of in the 3D’s of Delirium, Dementia and Depression in later life
- Establish, celebrate and share best practice
- Increase understanding and competence in others through education and example
- Disseminate good practice using social media, publication, conference presentations and learning networks.
- Collaborate and network with other associations and clinical interest groups
- Contribute to research: current collaborations
Summary of relevant work
- To clearly identify and promote an understanding of care for this client group
- To improve understanding of the three most prevalent conditions – dementia, delirium and depression; the experience of these, their signs, symptoms and associated care needs
- To embed the principles of best practice and secure competence in care delivery through their application
- To enable care organisations to develop in-house sustainable capability for continuous learning, dissemination and improvement using the principles and methods of Let’s Respect
- To recognise, share, and celebrate best practice in the care of older people with mental health needs through the Let’s Respect Learning Network©