Our mission is to promote and protect mental health through social media and internet technologies with a vision of achieving a mentally healthy community.
#MentalHealthPH was conceptualized in April 2016 during the Healthcare and Social Media Summit 2016 at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) organized by #HealthxPH.
The organization has three main objectives:
- Engaging the community both online and offline in promoting and protecting mental health
- Educating to #EndTheStigma
- Improving access to mental health information, services, and care
- #UsapTayo: A regular tweetchat every 10th, 20th, and 30th day of the month, from 7 -8pm. It aims to engage discussion regarding mental health online
- Voices of Hope: A campaign that aims to empower those who are living with mental health problems, Voices of Hope is helping fight the stigma by providing faces, stories, and voices to mental health illness and recovery
- Mental Health Directory: A crowdsourced document which provides useful information for those seeking available clinics and facilities offering mental health services
- Ignite: An online Mental Health Video Library: A school-based speaking platform inspired after TED talks covering different topics related to mental health
- Transcend: Faces, Places, Spaces: A forum intended to highlight different perspectives on mental health
- Mental Health Blogathon: One of #MentalHealthPH’s flagship activities, Mental Health Blogathon is an innovative platform which aims to engage bloggers, writers and advocates for a safer online space