We are a small business in Bangalore run by two teens; Niti and Vibha. NitsPics strives towards breaking the stigma around mental illness and making mental health care facilities available to all. Through social media platforms, we propagate the importance of mental health and aim to spread mental health awareness.
Currently, in India, there are very very few centres that are devoted towards mental health, and all of these are located in large cities. It is true that the population in urban areas tend to be less orthodox than those in rural areas, and therefore aware of the rise in popularity of the concept of mental health awareness (especially in the West) but it is imperative to advocate this concept in villages, towns, and taluks as well. Not only will this empower women, but it will also lead to a more productive workforce in the future.
After having identified and researched this issue, Niti and Vibha set out to fund organisations in India that foster mental health awareness. We donate all of our profits to charities that strive to improve mental health facilities in India.
- Christmas card sale (2019); profits over 3000 rupees donated to Mindtemple, a mental health clinic in Mumbai, India
- Postcard sales throughout the year
- Advocacy for mental health awareness through social media, mainly Instagram. We have gained over 450 followers in less than a year.
- Event photography at Edwards Road, Bangalore, India
10th main, 6th cross,
- Vibha Padmanabhan (India)
- Niti Hinduja (India)