We want to see a world where everyone, everywhere, has someone to turn to in support of their mental health.
Summary of relevant work:
We are a catalyst organisation that brings ambition to global advocacy, innovation to financing and voice to campaigning.
- United for Global Mental Health helps initiate and coordinate advocacy efforts to raise funding and political will for global mental health care. We aim to improve service provision, particularly in low and middle-income countries (LMICs), and help voices to be heard at a national and international level.
- Awareness is growing of the gaps in funding, policy and political support for mental health around the world, but far more needs to be done.
- If the required progress is to be made across the globe, the international community must urgently prioritise mental health funding. United for Global Mental Health works to identify the best new and existing ways of generating funding, promoting those to potential funders, and helping to ensure that additional funding is most efficiently allocated.
- With lived experience campaigners and our partners around the world, we are building a global mental health campaign to launch in 2019.
- We work with others to create the campaigns they want, combining the resources of a broad-based coalition of stakeholders and sectors.
- We are promoting collaboration and supporting advocacy and campaigning – particularly in low and middle-income countries – to help ensure civil society voices are heard at a national and international level.
- We are recruiting global champions to help advance greater action on mental health.
1 Fore Street St Ave,
Seeking collaboration with:
Experts by experience/service users
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland