A consumer in mental health, who hold many positions in the NGO management field Chintha Munasinghe started her career as a Science Journalist in 1987 and moved to the development sector in 1991. She joined ITDG (Practical Action) - Sri Lanka and was seconded to Sarvodaya Economic Development Services (SEEDS). In October 2001, she took responsibility of launching the BasicNeeds Sri Lanka programme in the capacity of Country Programme Manager (2001 - 2006). She started her own consulting firm - Laymen's Den (Pvt.)) Ltd. in March, 2008. Her expertise covers the following:
- Community-led project designing: development of rights based interventions with people with mental illnesses, disabilities, communities affected by Tsunami & armed conflicts, etc., service delivery models
- Participatory performance and impact assessment leading to strategic revisions of organizations: Performance Assessment of Business Development Services; Impact assessment & evaluations;
- Project Development Assistance: funding proposal development; monitoring systems and documentation; sharing learning through print & electronic media including e-conferences, media campaigns etc.,
- Community-oriented information production – Manuals, Handbooks for practitioners; Newsletters; Brochures; Media Campaigns; Counter-advertising & Advocacy material development
- Designing and Conducting of Individual/Organizational Capacity Building Programmes such as Business Counseling; Log-Frame Approach; Social Animation; Project Designing; Forum Theatre; Communications Skills; Project Proposal Development; Institutional Strategy & Business Plan development; Designing participatory/ user-led research, Community-led information production; etc.,.