This briefing note was developed by the Inter Agency Standing Committee Reference Group for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings and summarises key mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) considerations in relation to the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Overview of the MHPSS Response to COVID-19
- Overarching principles and guidelines for response
- Globally recommended activities
- Recommended interventions during the COVID-19 outbreak
- For older adults to cope with stress
- Supporting the needs of people with disabilities
- Messages & activities for helping children deal with stress
- Activities for adults in isolation/quarantine
- Supporting people working in the COVID-19 response
- Messages directed at the community-level
- Links to additional resources
Note: This is version 1.0 of this document (Feb 2020). It will be updated regularly during the COVID-19 outbreak. Contact the IASC MHPSS Reference Group (email@example.com) for a copy of the latest version.
© IASC Reference Group MHPSS, 2020. All rights reserved. Contact the IASC MHPSS Reference Group (firstname.lastname@example.org) for existing translations or permission to translate.