This briefing note was developed by the Inter Agency Standing Committee Reference Group for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings and summarises key mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) considerations in relation to the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. It can be downloaded in several languages from the IASC website.
- Overview of the MHPSS Response to COVID-19
- Overarching principles and guidelines for response
- Globally recommended activities
- Recommended interventions during the COVID-19 outbreak
- For older adults to cope with stress
- Supporting the needs of people with disabilities
- Messages & activities for helping children deal with stress
- Activities for adults in isolation/quarantine
- Supporting people working in the COVID-19 response
- Messages directed at the community-level
- Links to additional resources
The briefing note is currently available in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Dari, Dutch, English, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Kirundi, Korean, Nepali, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Sinhala, Spanish, Tamil, Turkish, Thai and Ukranian.
Find more key resources on our Mental Health and COVID-19 collaborations page.
© IASC Reference Group MHPSS, 2020. All rights reserved. Contact the IASC MHPSS Reference Group (firstname.lastname@example.org) for existing translations or permission to translate.