Start date: Various, throughout the year
Participants will learn the elements of research methods and design that are essential to the translation of knowledge into clinical practice, administration/leadership, and health policy. This course looks at the various aspects of research as it pertains to health.
The course objectives are as follows:
- Summarize the format of research articles and the research methods included in each section of an article.
- Analyze and critique research questions, study design, methods including sample selection, bias, data collection procedures, measures, and analysis plan, results, discussion and interpretation of findings.
- Compare and contrast different quantitative study designs.
- Analyze the validity and reliability of measures.
- Understand the ethical and cultural issues related to research methods.