Suicide prevention webinar
More than 800 000 persons die from suicide globally each year - that is one death every 40 seconds.
It is also the second leading cause of death of 15 - 29 year olds. Depression can also be a cause of suicide and is the WHO's theme for World Health Day in 2017. Suicide can have a devastating impact on families, friends and the wider community.
Hear more about what individuals and communities can do to prevent suicide from Dr Shekhar Saxena, the Director of World Health Organisation's Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
Related resources on suicide:
- Webinar: Ask the policy expert: National suicide prevention strategies
- Webinar: Preventing suicide in low resource settings
- WHO Suicide prevention community engagement toolkit: Pilot version 1.0
- WHO report: Preventing suicide is a global imperative
- Blog: Link between poverty and suicide in low and middle-income countries