#WHD2017 Depression: Let's Talk Podcast
In this special-edition MHIN podcast celebrating World Health Day 2017, mental health nurse and MHIN communications assistant Emma Gilbert interviews members of the Centre for Global Mental Health to hear about their work and how it addresses this year's theme of depression.
Speakers and themes include:
- Melanie Abas , Professor: Depression and HIV outcomes in Zimbabwe
- Mary Bitta, MSc student: Depression and cultural attitudes in Kenya
- Julian Eaton, Professor: Disability and stigma in Nigeria/Togo
- Daniela Fuhr , Professor: Perinatal mental health in India and Pakistan
- Daiane Machado, PhD student: Suicide prevention in Brazil
- Vikram Patel, Professor: Task shifting in India
- Chesmal Siriwardhana, Professor: Depression among displaced people in Sri Lanka
This podcast is part of the Centre's series of events to celebrate World Health Day 2017 on 7th April. See below for a full list of activities- all are welcome to attend!